Senior Network Engineer
- Information Technology
OCEANX IS SEEKING A SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER FOR OUR ARDEN, NC FACILITY.
Who is "OceanX"
OceanX is a technology platform company in the growing space of physical membership. Based in Silicon Beach, we provide Direct to Consumer focused systems, fulfillment and customer experience management for great brands who want to offer a subscription model. Unsurpassed transparency, hyper-focus on the customer and deep subscription management experience set us apart.
More than just great employees, we want to hire great people. We are going to be spending a LOT of time together, so we want you to know our expectations up front:
• Smart, quick learner – we have lots of things we do and don’t slow down too often
• Gets things done – efficient and organized
• We’re a team – so everybody does the dishes, no lone rangers here
• Excited to work on projects with lots of unknowns and devise elegant and maintainable solutions
• Enjoy the occasional night out, office banter, and a cornucopia of food trucks
Job Summary (Primary Function)
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Network Engineer is to ensure the smooth operation of the
organizations data networks in order to provide maximum performance and
availability for the systems users. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing,
installing, maintaining and supporting key LAN/WAN/Security infrastructures (Including AWS technologies), as well as infrastructure that will support Voice systems; provide high-level technical support for data and voice network systems; create and maintain network documentation; maintain hardware and software standards; and work on projects as needed in order to upgrade to new and/or improve communication equipment and procedures. Ultimately, this role will take on a key Service Delivery Management capacity, as this role will direct the day-to-day support through a managed service, while this role still actively maintains architectural and operational sustainability for the organization. This position will be 80% work in AWS and 20% on premise equipment.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
• Plan, install, test and support LAN and WAN network hardware and software as it pertains to routers, switches and monitoring software, with specific experience in Cisco product lines
• Plan, implement, and maintain AWS networking/ security components: Direct Connect, Site to Site VPN, Security groups, Routing, IAM, VPC/ subnet creation, IPS/IDS, and overall security of the AWS platform.
• Establish and maintain appropriate security configurations and controls for all network components.
• Establish and maintain tools and procedures for regular and frequent monitoring of network alerts.
• Design, plan, install and maintain adequate disaster recovery capabilities to meet the production support needs of the business.
• Create and follow documentation for systems, processes and procedures appropriate for the role, which may include network device information, configuration & change management, security monitoring, disaster recovery, etc.
• Provide troubleshooting and support for network issues.
• Assume other duties/projects as they arise and be responsive to the department’s needs.
• Follow all IT Department policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements (Evaluation Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Ability)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting LAN/WAN in enterprise environments in a senior capacity.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience with various Cisco routing and switching technologies
• Minimum of 3 years of experience managing service providers around network management and support
• Cisco CCNP or higher required.
• Experience with EIGRP, BGP, static route advertisement
• WAN connectivity such as T1/T3, MPLS
• Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, Load balancing, SPAN
• Excellent understanding of VPN - site to site, client, IPSEC (including the protocol suite) with dual factor authentication, IKE, tunnel modes, SSL clientless/ Anyconnect, Tunnels between ASAs, Routers
• Experience with Cisco ACS, NCS, WLC and configuration management of associated networking gear
• Experience with Meraki networking gear and portal
• Strong experience with Cisco ASA’s and firewalling techniques
• Experience with Management & Monitoring Tools, trending and analysis
• Experience with Linux and Windows a plus, especially network services such as DNS/DHCP.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport with individuals across all areas and levels of the company.
• Vendor/Contract/Service Provider Management experience, especially relating to fully-managed Network providers.
• Working knowledge of AWS core VPC functions including setup of VPC, subnets, security groups, Direct Connect, Site to Site VPN, and routing tables.
• Working knowledge of AWS security including IAM roles, IPS/IDS, and securing the platform.
• Experience in AWS automation is desired
• Must have demonstrable experience (re-)architecting and implementing a secure network topology for a multi-site organization.
• Experience working in an organization under PCI Level-1 certification highly desired.
• Previous experience working in a DevOps model highly desired.
OCEANX, LLC OFFERS A GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE TO INCLUDE:
•401 (k) w/Company Match
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
•Flexible Spending Program
•Paid Time Off
•Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
•Employee Anniversary Recognition
•Weekly Visiting Food Truck Vendors
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to be considered for this excellent career opportunity, we encourage you to apply today via the "Apply to this job online!" button below or via our website @ www.oceanx.com/careers
OceanX requires successful results of Background, Credit and Employment Checks as part of any conditional offer.
We invite you to consider a place that shares in Great Accomplishments and to be a part of a Company with Endless Possibilities where Everyone Belongs!
View Similar Jobs:
- View more Network Administrator Jobs
- View more Information Technology Jobs
- View more OceanX, LLC Jobs